How to become an official mirror of The Hardware Book
Terms and conditions:
- Mirror should be public, ie anyone can reach it (thru Internet).
- You must agree to mirror the complete Hardware Book.
- You are not allowed to change anything without our written permission.
- We would prefer it if everything was placed in a directory called hwb,
but it's not a requirement.
- Point your links to index.html
- Mirror should be available 24/7
- Bandwidth and connectivity should be good enough to motivate the mirror in that region.
- Mirror should check for updates daily (preferred) or weekly using rsync.
The actual mirroring is done with rsync
which only updates changed files. This should be run automatically preferably once a day.
Copyright © The Hardware Book Team 1996-2004.
May be copied and redistributed, partially or in whole, as appropriate.
Document last modified: 2004-04-04